Superpower: time manipulation

Superpower: time manipulation

by Daniel Gross -
Number of replies: 1

If I had an ultimate superpower, it would be the ability to control time. I'm more so talking about simply starting and stopping time instead of something like time travel (I can't fathom how teleporting into the future or the past would work given paradoxes and things like that, so I wouldn't consider having that abilitity). 

Specifically, if I could control the time of objects I interact with as well, that would also ideally be a part of the power (so if I want to play a video game or use some sort of electricity-requiring technology, I could still use them even though the rest of time would be frozen).

I really like this superpower idea because I frequently find myself unsatisfied with all that I've accomplished given the time I have. But with limitless time, I feel like that would no longer be an issue. 

I feel like this power would take off a lot of stress from deadlines, and allow me to feel fully able to pursue whatever interests or creative endeavors I'm curious about without fearing that I'm wasting time.

In reply to Daniel Gross

Re: Superpower: time manipulation

by Melony Nelson -

I agree with the concept of being able to have a limitless amount of time to do things such as meeting deadlines. However I also feel that many people , when choosing this option, fail to see or understand what, if any, the consequences of freezing time might be. As we all know, every action has a reaction thus creating a consequence. What do you think having the ability to freeze time could have in terms of consequences or negative reactions?