What do you think about a new form of short transportation? Instead of riding a bike, driving, taking the bus/subway, or walking to work or school, what if we could fly or hover?

What do you think about a new form of short transportation? Instead of riding a bike, driving, taking the bus/subway, or walking to work or school, what if we could fly or hover?

by Elisa Rivas -
Number of replies: 0

I'm just curious. What if what we think of right now as science fiction actually became reality? I mean, it's not like we always had magical bolts of energy traveling on wires to send signals. Science helped create faster forms of communication through electricity and internet service, so with planes, helicopters, hot air balloons, drones, and other floating and hovering objects (both intended for human body weight or not), why could it not be possible to invent flying shoes or cars that can hover without wings? We could certainly get from one destination to another far quicker and speed rules, regulations, and laws would be changed, but I feel that it could take up less travel time for sure. Think of how fast a plane can travel, for example. On top of that is space. When driving, traffic can begin due to too many cars and not enough lanes. People are more likely to bump into each other on a sidewalk, especially with skateboarding or roller skating. Imagine if your limitation for movement was unlimited, though. Someone who decides to walk while you wear flying shoes and you almost bump into each other on a narrow sidewalk (say there's rails because you're on a bridge, so stepping to the side or walking on the grass is either not an option, or very difficult, for example), then you could just fly right over the person! Or say you have two gravel car lanes to create a basic flow of traffic (for safety purposes), then you could have up to six lanes as cars can fly/hover over one another! This would all be amazing! It's not impossible, either. It may sound outlandish, but as I said, who's to say it couldn't be achieved when hovering and flying objects already exist, including ones for people to already use as travel? Years ago, the inventions we have today would have been considered impossible and I feel these sort of new inventions could help improve in exercise (particularly flying shoes) and time management for less traffic, less travel time, and overall speed to go to the necessary places to do anything! I know this was unnecessary to write, but it's an interesting topic to me.