My First Audio Book

My First Audio Book

by Sharon CURTIS -
Number of replies: 0
Hello All!

A family member of mine suggested that I try out audio books as I often drive a few hours every weekend to visit family. The audio book recommended to me is called "The Art of Asking" by Amanda Palmer. I was skeptical of audio books as I felt as if I might grow tired of the same person's voice, but I was pleasantly surprised to say that wasn't the case at all. Palmer had a lovely way of telling her very real and personal stories of how she came to be where she is in life today by realizing that we are all people trying to connect and make it and sometimes, you have to ask for help along the way. Her tales- and songs!- made me laugh, cry, clench my steering wheel with angst; there was not one time I felt as if she wasn't being honest and relatable. I have always been a fan of the darker non-fiction stories of folks, I think it makes me feel more connected in those moments when as humans we let ourselves fall and possibly disconnect too much. I am itching for a similar audio book or even a good 'ol paper back of the same genre. I highly recommend giving this book, or simply just audio books a try. Thanks for stopping by.

Sincerely,
Sharon C.