Recommending a TV show

Recommending a TV show

by Diana Givens -
Number of replies: 1

I don't normally watch TV, but I recently caught my kids watching "The Umbrella Academy" on Netflix, and found myself hooked.  It's about 7 children who were born on the same day and adopted by a wealthy eccentric scientist, who creates an "academy" to train them in order to save the world.  Each child has a unique super power:  Number One (Luther) has super ape strength (he was injected with an ape serum to save his life but the side-effect was that it turned him into a part-ape, Number Two (Diego) has super skills with knives, Number Three (Allison) can "Rumor" people into doing whatever she suggests to them, Number Four (Klaus) can speak and see the dead, Number Five (who only goes by that name) can move through time, Number Six (Ben) is actually dead from an accident and yet communicates with Klaus.  And finally Number Seven (Vanya) who doesn't have any super powers.  The story begins by bringing all the now adult children "home" due to the death of their adoptive father.  They are all damaged people, with different levels of resentment towards their deceased father.  How they come together to face a new threat is the beginning of the series.