Project idea - Redesign LBCC Scholarship database front end

Project idea - Redesign LBCC Scholarship database front end

- 削除済みユーザ の投稿
返信数: 0

Here's an idea I'm personally interested in.  I'd like to redesign the LBCC Scholarship Database. (http://cf.linnbenton.edu/scholarship/)

Right now it lets you sort by a few fields such as term, need-based, and high school scholarships, but it's not very comprehensive and I've found lots of scholarships that do not line up with the sort criteria.  For example, while looking through the lists I found lots of need-based scholarships I qualified for, but if I sorted by need-based they disappeared.

So by using the sort features, I was ignoring lots of scholarships I qualified for.  That's just silly.  I'd like to rewrite the front end to allow sorting by different majors, different GPA's, county, how many credits you have, and more.

It seems like this could be a good project for people interested in data mining because we may have to search the raw text to pull out the proper pieces of data, unless LBCC allows us access to the original database fields.

This project would benefit from people interested in databases, website design, and back-end programming.  It could be a big project, which would be perfect for a group project as everyone could take control of different aspects.

If you're interested or have thoughts, feel free to respond here.