Horticulture Club

Horticulture Club

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Hello:  I am still learning how to do all this computer stuff so please bear with me.  I tried to cut and paste previous hort. club news on here but no luck.  So, to update, I am re-writing the old posts.

January 7, 2010

The meeting was held in the greenhouse.  A motion was made to hold the meeting on Tuesday from 12 to 1 this ter.  It was voted in and those who cannot make it will check here to keep updated, or connect with any one of us where ever they can.  Even if you cannot make it to the meetings, you are stil considered to be part of the club.

Tuesday, January 12, Peggy will be bringing a load of manure for the compost.  Meet at the greenhouse at 10:30 and walk out to the garden beds to unload. 

We are getting bulbs from Garland nursery, daffodils, tulips etc. and we will be planting on Tuesday after the manure is unloaded.  Feel free to join us.

We also have a donation of some mildewed hay to use between rows so we will not be tracking soil out of the garden bed.  We will be applying that as well.  If anyone has bulbs laying around and want to donate them, feel free to bring them along.

We have one garen bed to use for the hort. club.  It is 30x60.  It was decided that we will plant some pumpkins for a fund raiser in the fall, and for this spring/summer, we will plant a cut flower bed. 

Everyone is asked to research what variety of flowers they would like to see in that bed and we will be discussing whether to seed, buy plugs or buy 4 inch starters.  Sunflowers, echinacae, daisys, cosmos, salvia were some of the sugestions.

Thats all for now.  please let me know if I need to add and thank you for your time.