Horticulture Club + Sustainability Club =

Horticulture Club + Sustainability Club =

por Usuario eliminado -
Número de respuestas: 0
I hope no one minds, but I took the liberty of contacting Justin Hussey of the Sustainability club, after reading in the commuter that they were interested in a community garden on campus. Here is a copy of our conversation so far:

Hey Justin,

I read an article in the commuter that said the sustainability club (which, by the way, I think is a great idea!) was interested in starting up a student maintained community garden on campus. Well, I don't know if you've heard about it already or not, but the Horticulture club is working on doing just that! We've got a plot out with the other educational gardens on campus that we've set aside for the community garden, and we're waiting to hear back from the people who will hopefully be able to give us a grant for tools to get started.

I believe we're having an orientation-type meeting to tell people more about what we're doing at noon on Tuesday, May 18th in the greenhouse, if you can make it. But we'd love to have your input at any time! Horticulture club meets on Tuesdays at noon, so feel free to drop in any time (also in the greenhouse), or email me, or Gabriella Coughlin (coughlg@ml.linnbenton.edu), who probably knows the most about the community garden project right now. I think it would be great if our two clubs could work together on making our campus more "green" (in multiple ways).

Jeanie Cox

-------
Good evening dear Lady,

I am very happy to have inspired you and your club to offer us this most amazing opportunity! I am intensely dedicated to making positive change on campus, and working together sounds exactly like what is needed (meaning student dedication and the energy of the students involved) to create that positive change that we both want to see on our campus. Inasmuch, I would love to attend your meeting on May 18th at noon, however I was hoping that it would be acceptable to attend a half hour late in consideration of my class schedule that day in Philosophy. If this will be a problem, then let me know in advance, otherwise I will just arrive after class on the scheduled date.

I am certain that we will come to some amazing solutions to some of our schools pressing problems, and in turn, give all of us some very important insight on not only how important and effective it is to work together to accomplish a common goal, but also an insight into the future of LBCC and how we can shape it for the better. We live in an era that demands positive change in the way of sustainable solutions to the overwhelming problems that we face as a culture and in the people of that culture, and working together on such a task is exactly the message that should be broad-casted to our community. So let's work together and show LBCC how they should do things on campus!

I thank you for your consideration and foresight in requesting such a union between our clubs, and certainly look forward to meeting with all of you in person. Have a very wonderful evening, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Sincerely,
Justin Hussey
Sustainability Club, Student Representative