News from ASG PR Secretary

News from ASG PR Secretary

Deleted user
Number of replies: 1
Hi there,

I just received an email from Alex, the PR Secretary. Alex describes below the process for attaining funds for the community garden project:

"The Horticulture Club will have to come the the ASG with a funds request for the Community Garden idea. Typically, it is a two week process to receive the funds. We ask you present your proposal at one of our meetings, which are every Wednesday @ 3:30 in the Student Life & Leadership office. After you present your proposal, we allow a week for us to be able to ask questions. Week 2, we make a discussion."

My question for those spearheading this project is, would Stefan's general layout/irrigation calculations suffice, or should we also include operating procedures for the gardeners, a contact person, etc? Do you think this info could be ready by the next meeting, Wednesday April, 14th? He also attached How to Start a Community Garden pdf with some things we might want to ask ourselves when preparing for the proposal. I will bring this to the next meeting.

On a side note he mentioned the Hot Shot Cafe would like to compost their grounds but do not have the means/time for take it to the compost heap. All we'd have to do is supply a 5 gal bucket with lid and somebody to tote it over. This could be another place to get our name out. Thoughts?

Chau,
Gabriella
In reply to Deleted user

Re: News from ASG PR Secretary

Deleted user
Gabriella, I read your e-mail re: the Community Garden. I was thinking about the operating procedures for the gardeners, earlier, and I think that would be necessary. I've never been involved with this before, but I would think that it would have to be managed someway. I'm looking forward to seeing the pdf that you mentioned. If the other Hort Club members are interested in using the coffee grounds or other compostible materials, we could possibly take turns taking it out to the compost pile. Yesterday, I was looking at garden tools that are available for purchase in BiMart and thought about what tools would should be made available to gardeners. If we have a separate tool shed for storing them, how will they be controlled and not be allowed to disappear? I'm certainly open to any suggestions about this as well. Thanks, Wes J.