CHECKLIST: Before you submit your work, check these items:
Before you submit any work, check these items:
Checklist – Part One
1. Is my thesis statement concise and crystal-clear?
2. Did I follow my outline? Did I miss anything?
3. Are my arguments presented in a logical sequence?
4. Are all sources properly cited to ensure that I am not plagiarizing?
5. Have I proved my thesis with strong supporting arguments?
6. Have I made my intentions and points clear in the essay?
7. Have I used signal phrases to introduce my citations?
Checklist – Part Two
1. Did I begin each paragraph with a proper topic sentence?
2. Have I supported all my arguments with correct citations (or examples)?
3. Any run-on or unfinished sentences?
4. Any unnecessary or repetitious words, or lengthy sentences?
5. Do paragraphs and/or ideas within paragraphs flow smoothly into the next (transitions)?
6. Any information gaps that will raise unanswered questions in the reader’s mind?
7. Are all my citations accurate and in correct format?
8. Are the citations fully integrated with the rest of the text in the paragraph per rules?
9. Did I use third person throughout the essay?
10. Did I leave a sense of completion for my reader(s) at the end of the paper?
11. Any spelling or word-choice errors that need to be corrected?
12. Any grammatical errors that need to be corrected?