Here Are The Course Outcomes
As a result of taking WR 121, students will be able to:
1. Analyze the rhetorical needs (the interaction of audiences, purpose/outcome, and subject) of a variety of academic and practical writing assignments.
2. Apply appropriate levels of critical thinking strategies (knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis, evaluation) in response to the rhetorical needs of an assignment.
3. Implement appropriate rhetorical elements and organization (introduction, thesis, development and support, rebuttal, visuals, narration, conclusion, etc.) in response to the rhetorical needs of an assignment.
4. Locate, evaluate, and integrate high-quality information and opinion in response to the rhetorical needs of an assignment.
5. Craft sentences and paragraphs that communicate their ideas clearly and effectively using words, sentence patterns, and writing conventions to make their writing clear, credible, and persuasive.